Information we gather
The following information is gathered from our visitors to allenandsmithins.com: IP address, user account information when applicable, site visitation information, page views, browsers used and browser capabilities, and site search queries. We also collect and retain any information submitted to our organization via the contact and other forms located in the site or in related landing pages or promotional pages.
We also collect infromation when you apply to Allen & Smith Insurance Agency for insurance. Federal and State laws regulate the collection, use, and disclosure of such information. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations to guard your personal and financial information.
We may need to obtain additional information from third parties, such as other insurance companies, government agencies, information clearinghouses, courts, and other public records. We may receive consumer credit information from a consumer-reporting agency. A report from a consumer-reporting agency may contain information as to credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation or occupation. Upon request, we will tell you how to get a copy of the report. The agency that prepares a consumer report for us may retain that report and disclose it to other persons as permitted by law.
How we use the information we gather
We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your visitor experience and to provide our insurance services. Information that has been collected about you may be retained in both our records and in your agent’s files. We review it in evaluating your request for insurance coverage and in determining your rates. We will also refer to and use the information in your policy records for purposes related to issuing and servicing insurance policies and settling claims.
If coverage is declined or the charge for coverage is increased because of information contained in a consumer report we obtained, we will tell you as required by state law and the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. We will also give you the name and address of the consumer-reporting agency making the report.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use allenandsmithins.com. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The people that are given access to this information
Your personal information is usually accessible only by Allen & Smith Insurance Agency employees including administrative staff. In limited cases, personal information may be visible to our designated web service provider but that information is only related to site functionality.
We do not disclose personal or financial information about you unless the disclosure is necessary to conduct business or is legally required. That may mean that we will need to make disclosures to the following types of third parties:
- Parties who perform a business, professional or insurance function for our company.
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, investigators, and attorneys who need the information to investigate, defend, or settle a claim involving you.
- Other insurance companies, agents, or consumer reporting agencies as reasonably necessary in connection with any application, policy, or claim involving you.
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business.
- Law enforcement or other governmental authorities to protect our legal interest or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities.
- Authorized persons as ordered by a subpoena, warrant, or other court order as required by law.
- Certificate holders or policyholders for the purpose of providing information regarding the status of an insurance transaction.
- Lienholders, mortgagees, lessors, or other persons shown on our records as having legal or beneficial interest in your policy.
The security measures we have in place to protect your personal information
To safeguard your personal information, we have implemented secure page logins and locked user accounts to email addresses so that any attempt to access login information cannot be sent to non-authorized parties.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles and pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.